Sunday 25 March 2012

Being a Godly Example to the Next Generation of Women

Some of my fondest memories of childhood were when my sister and I would play dress-up. We loved adorning ourselves with my mother’s dresses and clunking around the house in high heels. I always imagined myself as a movie star or Miss America, gracefully walking the runway while my loyal fans cheered and cameras flashed.

Yet, childish dreams melt away as we grow older. Oh, there are the movie stars and the girls who become Miss America. But most of our paths don’t take that turn.

The harsh reality of life begins to raise its ugly head when we realize that those high heels are uncomfortable! And when that reality hits, many women are left living the life they’d always dreamed in their minds while the life God has given them flies by unnoticed.

Yes, women today are desperately in need of role models who stand firm in their faith and embrace the life God has for them. But where can you find those strong feminine models of faith? Well, the place I continue to look is in the Scriptures.

Women today are desperately in need of role models who stand firm in their faith and embrace the life God has for them.

Now the most familiar passage is of course the Proverbs 31 woman. But there are so many more. We can read about Ruth’s faithfulness, Esther’s bravery, and Mary’s devotion, just to name a few. I love reading these passages and learning what it means to be a woman devoted to God!

Who are our little girls pretending to be today? Who are their models? It’s my prayer that God would give women today the strength to provide the next generation with a strong and loving model of God’s greatest creation—a godly woman!


http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/powerpoint-with-jack-graham/articles/being-a-godly-example-to-the-next-generation-of-women-12942.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment