Friday 20 April 2012

So...Why Exactly Did God Make Woman?

by Ameerah Lewis 
(Cincinnati, OH)

What in the world was God thinking when He decided to make women?


I'm not sure if you can relate, but I have spent countless hours of my life asking myself this question. What was the point? Wouldn't it have been easier to just make us all men?



All of mankind's recorded history reveals women who were treated like second class citizens, and, in many cases, even property. In fact, many of us around the world still are. When we hear the horrors of women who are being brutally circumcised or sold into sexual slavery, our hearts can not help but ache for them.


But as God stood over Adam that fateful day, and caused Him to fall into a deep sleep, was this the plan that was running through His mind?


Did He just need someone who would keep the house and cook the meals? Was He simply creating someone capable of baring the pains of childbirth and raising the kids?


I am almost embarrassed to admit that I have asked myself these questions, but early in my Christian walk I found myself so confused. I struggled to balance all of the things I had learned from the world about a woman's right to work and "self-fulfillment," with what I was reading in the Word of God.


But, eventually, I got smart. Instead of trying to answer these questions myself, I turned them over to my Heavenly Father. "Are women really nothing more than your afterthought?" And, finally, I got a real answer.


To a God who knows all things, there are absolutely no afterthoughts!


In fact, long before God looked into His son Adam's eyes, He knew there was going to be a serious problem.

Now the Lord God said,
It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone;
I will make him a helper meet
(suitable, adapted, complementary) for him.

-Genesis 2:18(AMP)

We have all probably heard that scripture over a hundred times. But, have you ever realized that this was the only time during the entire creation story that God stopped and said "It is NOT good."

Everything else was a reflection of His own perfection.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, (and) the herb yielding seed...And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed... and God saw that it was good."
(Genesis 1:11-12)

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night...and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:16-18)

And the history of creation continues. One by one, God called the majestic wonders of our world into being. Every thing had a place, and everything was in its place. And, as my friends and I used to say in the 90s, "it was all good!"

Suddenly, we read that there's trouble in paradise! What could possibly be the problem? "It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone." (Genesis 2:18)

But, thankfully, God was well prepared. You see, within the depths of man, God had hidden the strength and beauty of woman. She alone would be the answer to God's problem. 

The world would have us all believe that Christianity is archaic and even anti-woman. They think the feminist world-view that they teach is woman's liberation. When, in fact, it is their anti-femininity thought process that truly restrains us from fulfilling our true destiny as women. 

If you are searching for woman's liberation, just open up the Word of God and discover who He says you really are. As you strive to become that woman, you will truly feel liberated.

http://www.christian-books-for-women.com/sowhy-exactly-did-god-make-woman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment