Monday 28 May 2012

Entering the Highway of Healing


In April of 2001, my pastor solemnly announced from the pulpit that he’d had a vision and in it I was healed. I didn’t believe healing was “for today,” but my face lit up and I smiled back at him from my pew. The Lord showed him that He was going to open me up to hear the truth.
At the time I was sick with an incurable disease called multiple sclerosis. I felt hopeless and helpless. Seismic tremors wracked my body. There were multiple malfunctions on every front. I was in a losing battle.
Later, Pastor “Doc” asked if he could come over once a week to show me what the Bible said about healing. He was a Class A+ worshipper, and he told me two things were required before I could enter the highway of healing and he wouldn’t begin working with me until they were done.
He said, “Here’s the first thing. Are you right with God? Do you willfully disobey Him?”
Hey, what kind of question is that? I go to church. I believe in Jesus. Though briefly offended, I knew I needed to pray. That night, I lay on my bed, alone, and I timidly asked, “Lord, am I right with you?” I heard no answer.

The next day, I reported what happened to Pastor “Doc.” He said, “OK, here’s the second thing. Do you have unforgiveness in your heart? Are you holding any grudges?”
Oh, yeah. First Husband immediately came to mind. He beat me up and ran off with another woman. Pastor Doc then said, “You know what to do.” That night I prayed and God gave me the ability to forgive First Husband. I knew it in my heart. The bitterness was gone and I reported once again to Pastor “Doc.”
“Good!” he said. “Now we’re ready to begin,” and Pastor “Doc” gave me a different kind of medicine than what the doctors had prescribed. Here’s what he shared from the Holy Spirit:
1.  “Read and read again the Scriptures I’m showing you. Meditate on them, and fill your mind with God’s truth. Fill your mind with the words of Jesus.”
2.  “Listen to Christian music from morning to bedtime.”
3.  “Start a conversation with the Father and Jesus. Pray continually—all the time.”
The expected results were an intimate relationship with God and healing of the multiple sclerosis. The side effects would be righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Pastor “Doc” prayed a compassionate prayer for me to be healed, grabbed his hat and his gear, and left. He was out the door before I knew it. “See you next week!” he said with a tip of his hat.
Something was happening. I’m hearing truth. I’m stirred up. Jesus’ name is above all names, including the name “MS.” I made my way to the den and announced that Pastor “Doc” and I were done for the day. I asked for some Christian music CDs, opened the Bible and read the Scriptures he assigned. The Word was like hot water. I steep in it like a tea bag. All my tiny little tea leaves absorbed it and I’m stirred up again. Joy floods my heart. I’m overwhelmed.
Look at Jesus! Isn’t He beautiful? He’s altogether lovely. He’s altogether mighty. I stand in awe before Him. Christian music floods the house. I’m bathing in it. Its sweet fragrance clings to me all day and all night.
MS was far in the background now. I was still very sick, but I didn’t care. I was most aware of Jesus. Jesus, I love You! Father, I love You! I wrapped myself around the Lord, entwined myself with Him.
Worship became a lifestyle for me and several months later, in the middle of the night on Sept. 2, 2001, Jesus touched my body and healed me completely of MS.
My pastor had taught me how to persistently proskuneo my God. Proskuneo is Greek for worship, and it means prostrating myself in homage, revering and adoring Him. I wasn’t about to stop proskuneo-ing once He healed me. I continue leading this life of worship, wrapping myself around Him, prostrating myself in homage, adoring and worshipping.
I love to be with my brothers and sisters in Christ every Sunday. We worship the Lord in one accord. Our spirits soar up to the throne of God as we sing and pray and hear the Word. We give our love to Him and He loves us back. We plug into Him and He recharges our batteries. But is it possible to live a life of worship—every single day of the week and every moment of each day? What would happen if we did that continually?  Nothing would be impossible.
Adapted from an article by Susan Wynn, author of From Death to Life, copyright 2011, published by Creation House. This inspiring true story of healing and restoration will challenge your perception of the impossible, and assure you that nothing is too difficult for God. To order a copy click on this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment