Saturday 31 March 2012

Worship : Worship Without Compassion



Julianna Morlet

Worship without compassion is robbery.
It leaves us full and fat with spiritual things. It leaves us over stuffed and selfishly hoarding the message of peace and grace and love of God. Worship without compassion robs those around us from encountering God.

Worship without compassion is vanity.
It sets up a mirror in front of our faces and never moves. We see only the inward struggle and strife of our lives and never gain perspective on the reality of our surroundings. We become self-consumed, thinking only of ourselves and cut off from the world.

Worship without compassion is debauchery.
It exploits the sacredness of the relationship between man and God, the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the moving of the Holy Spirit in and through His people because it means nothing if not coupled with redeeming and rebuilding the lives of the least, last, and lost.

Worship without compassion is unaccepted by God.
He rejects the worship of those who are not becoming measures of Himself to the world. If we are not acting as the Church, we cannot worship as the Church because they are one in the same.

"I can't stand your religious meetings. I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions. I want nothing to do with your religion projects, your pretentious slogans and goals. I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes, your public relations and image making. I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music. When was the last time you sang to me?Do you know what I want? I want justice-oceans of it. I want fairness-rivers of it. That's what I want. That's all I want." [Amos 5:21-24]

"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, and to love kindness,t and to walk humbly with your God?" [Micah 6:8]

The truth of who God is, what He has done, and who He has created us to be should create in us a passion and gratitude and a spirit of worship, causing us to be mobilized in compassion towards the injustices of this world.

Dear God, let this be so of me.
I want to be Your hands and feet and eyes and ears to those hurting around me. I want to see all wrongs made right and all that is broken be made new. I want to see You more so that I may respond with greater effect. I want to lead people to meet You. I want them to encounter You. By Your truth I will passionately worship so that others can see You.
Amen.
- - - - -
Want to come see what we're doing Sunday nights at Antioch? Go here for all the details. If you're in So. Cal

come see us!


About Julianna Morlet

Julianna Morlet is the girl behind the lifestyle blog, The Girl That Sings. Her blog is focused on her journey as a homemade singer, writer, speaker. If she could sum up who she is in one sentence it'd be, "A visionary idealist who wishes to conquer the world before her 25th birthday." She is the eldest of six children, and is being well-seasoned and fashioned by this life. From sexual abuse, to a blended family, to a baby sister with leukemia, to college in the mid-west and her journey as a homemade singer and worship leader, she has been led to a faith in God that cannot be shaken. You can find her @ juliannamorlet.com, Facebook, Twitter, and She Seeks.
http://juliannamorlet.blogspot.com/2011/12/worship-night-recap-and-then-some.html

No comments:

Post a Comment