Wednesday 28 March 2012

Circles Of Friends

Posted by  in Friends for Life

Here’s Something To Feel Good About Today!

“Women, more alike than different, connected in the circle of life, mothers & daughters, sisters & friends, standing tall, together.”


Marlene Moore Gordon
Have you made women friendships a priority in your life? Trust me, men may come and go, but friends who are like your sisters will be there for the long haul. Strengthen the bond with your friend today.

Growing up I had many girlfriends, but only one best friend. As I matured I realized the tremendous value of having a variety of close women friends, each one offers their own precious gifts.

I know which friend I can call upon for a visit to a museum or a few mile hike. I’m sure of who will do a great job critiquing my writing, and who will offer the best personal advice. I’ve learned who I can ask a favor of and who will volunteer without my ever needing to ask.

While some new friendships will grow stronger over time, others will fade. We may serve a specific need for each other for a certain period of time, and that’s OK. No matter how deep the level of my friendships may be, they all enrich my life.

Still my smallest most precious circle of friends are those who I know will last my lifetime. They are the few I could call at 3 am. who would do their best to help me if I needed them. The most precious few I can call upon any time day or night to drop whatever they are doing to listen, to care and to support me no matter what.

Whether my circles consist of just me and one friend, several friends with similar interests or my dearest friends I need them all to stand next to me and to walk with me. I do my best to do the same for them. We are all stronger and happier when we are standing tall together.

Do you know the value of women friends in your life? Share your experiences regarding the circles of friends you have created that enrich your life.

Find Something To Feel Good About Everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment