Saturday 12 May 2012

20 Things I Love About Being a Mom

BY SUE
  1. Hearing “I love you so much, Momma.”
  2. Sweet hugs just because.
  3. Little people fighting over my lap.  (It really can’t be that comfortable even with all the padding.)
  4. Getting to read rhyming stories.
  5. Bible stories every day – such a reminder of God’s faithfulness!
  6. My little girls joyfully singing songs to me.
  7. Late night chats with my teenage daughter.
  8. Still getting to play with Legos, Playdoh and crayons.
  9. Playing basketball with my teenage son (and very rarely winning).
  10. Playing soccer with my preteen son.  (That boy’s got some fancy footwork!)
  11. Jumping on the trampoline – because without my children I probably never would.
  12. Getting to read Narnia books again!!
  13. Friday movie night with my teenagers and Saturday morning cartoons with my little ones.
  14. Being the one my children come to when they are afraid, happy, sad, or just want to hang out.
  15. God using my children to show me so much about my strengths and weaknesses.
  16. Knowing God entrusted these beautiful people to me and understanding what an amazing honor, privilege, and responsibility that is.
  17. Understanding and experiencing forgiveness as it is offered to me for my bad mommy moments and as I offer it to my children for their stinker kid moments.
  18. Having to really think about what I believe and why so I can answer my children’s questions with wisdom and knowledge.
  19. Seeing God provide for and love on my children, such a joy!
  20. As I love on my children, I’m beginning to grasp how much my Heavenly Father loves me.
What do YOU love about being a mom? Leave a comment or make your own list – it’s such a great reminder of what a blessing it is to be a Momma!
About Sue
Hi Beautiful Mommas! I’m Sue Birdseye - proud mama of 5 kids. Proving that God does indeed have a sense of humor - I have two teenagers and two toddlers with a middle child thrown in for good measure! I have been a stay-at-home mom, a homeschool mom, a foster mom, an adoptive mom and now I am a single mom. As I have walked this new path, I’ve found God to be more than faithful, more than kind and more than I could ask or imagine. I’m trying to walk this path with a lot of love, a good amount of humor and a serious lack of sleep. There is nothing I love more than my sweeties, but I do enjoy anything to do with paper – notebooks to write in, binders to organize, index cards with memory verses, charts and to do lists (which sometimes I do), letters, notes and books, books, books. I love music – listening to it, playing it and singing it. I love sports – all of them! (I have the bumps and bruises to prove it!) I am so excited to share this crazy life with the wonderful moms of MomLife Today!



No comments:

Post a Comment