Sunday 17 June 2012

God Your Father

Written by Barbara Alpert

Are you waiting on God for something? Let us pray for you.
“The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” (Proverbs 18:10)
Do you know that if you are a believer in Christ Jesus, you have been adopted into God’s family? Through faith in Jesus, God is now your heavenly Father and you are his daughter. In Ephesians 1:5 we read that, “he predestined us to be adopted as his sons (daughters) through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” God was delighted the day He adopted you into His family.
God wants you to call Him “Abba”. Abba means “Daddy”. In Galatians 4:6 we read, “Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”Since you have the very Spirit of God residing within you, you can call out to Him in prayer by saying, “Abba, Father, Daddy”.        

Like little children running to their daddy, God is waiting for you to run to His loving arms.  Psalm 91:14-15 says, “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.” The Lord says, when you acknowledge and call upon His name, He will answer. He will be with you in the midst of your trouble and deliver you with honor. God is waiting for you to cry out to Him because He personally cares about you. He is your unfailing, trustworthy, reliable Daddy in the sky.    
Sadly, you might have developed a distorted view of your heavenly Father, depending upon your relationship with your earthly father. If your father abandoned, failed, abused, or degraded your worth, know that God loves you unconditionally. He values and sees you as the “apple of His eye”. God does not want you to hold a distorted view of Him. He desires that your perception of Him is proper, honorable, and grows as your relationship with Him grows.
To further your intimacy with God, become acquainted with His names. Here are a few you can draw upon when seeking Him in prayer.
JEHOVAH-JIREH: The Lord My Provider
JEHOVAH-RAPHA: The Lord My Healer
EL SHADDAI: The All-Sufficient One, God Almighty
EI ROI: The God Who Sees Me
JEHOVAH-ROHI: The Lord My Shepherd
JEHOVAH-NISSI: The Lord My Banner (God on the battlefield)
JEHOVAH-SHALOM: The Lord My Peace
IMMANUEL: God With Us
Names of Jesus: Savior, Redeemer, Messiah, The Way, The Truth, The Life, Bright Morning Star, Bread of Life, Lord of lords, The Son of God, The Light of the world
Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.” (Mathew 11:28) God is waiting for you to run to Him, like a little child, so He can give you a hug of comfort, encouragement, blessing, favor and so much more. Do not be afraid to draw close to your heavenly Daddy. There is no greater love than the love He has waiting for you. Today, may you call upon Him, “Abba, Father, Daddy”.
Prayer:  God help me to see You as You really are – a loving Father who always has my best interests at heart. Help me to be quick to run to You.  Amen.
Questions: Do you see God as your father? What does that mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment