Saturday 21 July 2012

Jesus Christ is so concerned about every detail in our lives

Word from Scotland: 

Take John Chapters 13,14 as one sweeping incident. After all that is what it is, and the chapter divisions can be such a hindrance at times. They are quite artificial and remember they were added many years after the Scriptures were written.

In John Chapter 14 at verse 6, Thomas is looking a bit worried. Right to the end Jesus said things that gave His disciples worried looks. Thomas is almost cheeky. You know where you are going but we don’t know where you are going so how can we know the way. Jesus is so lovingly patient.

If it were not for these words of Thomas we might never have had these famous words in verse 6. I am the way and the truth and the life – no man comes to the Father except through Me. You know the way because you know Me. I am the way. When you know me you know the way. These sentences know no parallel anywhere.


Some have said – I will tell you the way – I will show you the way – but it is only Jesus who says – I am the way. Know Me – get to know Me – and that is all you need to know. This is what makes our faith unique.

We hear people say – all you need to do is just try your best – do the best you can – be sincere and as good as you can – ah, but sincerity cannot wipe away sin – only Jesus can do that.

That is why we must be missionaries – not send missionaries – but be missionaries.

Our country – our nation – our society (and I am writing from Scotland and the United Kingdom) is as godless and as wicked as many nations overseas, and people need to come to know Jesus.

It is a narrow gate that leads to life. It was not men who devised and introduced this, and it is not a theological view point. It is the truth of Almighty God as taught by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It is the way back to God.

Is that being a bit narrow minded? Yes, it is in a way, but it is the truth of God. Remember that door in The Tabernacle. It was quite narrow and it was the only way in.

If you have Jesus, you have everything you need for the future. If you do not have Jesus, you have nothing.

Peter is so concerned with “Where” – to the Father’ house to prepare a room for you. Thomas is concerned with, “How” are we going to get there – and Jesus answers, I am the way. If you know Me just keep following. That is the way. That is the only way!

Philip seems to be concerned with – “Who” are we going to meet when we arrive there. We know you, but what is the Father like. Show us the Father. Point Him out to us. Jesus says, In a way, you have been looking at Him for these past three years. The Father is in me and I am in Him. We are in each other. Everything I have said, He would have said. I have only said what the Father wanted me to say – and, and, I have said it in the way the Father wanted it said.

Peter, Thomas, Philip – believe me.

Our loving God is not remote and impersonal. Jesus Christ is so concerned about every detail in our lives.

He comes to meet us and save us from our sins. He comes to heal us and minister to our needs. He comes to teach us and answer our questions. He comes to care for us and shepherd us. He comes to guard us and protect us, and when something is troubling disciples, He comes tenderly to satisfy and soothe.

When you consider what was going on in that Upper Room and what had been said, these men must have been anxious, bewildered, and troubled, but Jesus took time to deal with this emotional upheaval.

He is asking these men to trust Him. Trust My words. Trust presence and trust the promises I have given and am about to give. Trust me as a person. I have never let you down and I will never let you down now.

Love one another. This is where real fellowship matter and counts.

Fellowship identifies you as a genuine believer in Jesus and disciple of Jesus.

Fellowship prevents self-centred isolation.

Fellowship helps us to develop spiritually. They were soon to discover that over these next weeks and months.

Fellowship gives everyone a way of making a difference, and a channel for service. Think of Peter and John, or Paul and Silas and Timothy. We would never have heard of these men if it had not been for the fellowship of the church of Jesus Christ.

Fellowship prevents us from backsliding or falling away. It did then, and it does now.

Fellowship provides spiritual protection. Someone needs your love – your help – your advice – your encouragement – your rebuke – your friendliness – and through fellowship we seek to let the whole world see how we live.

The answer to their anxiety and troubled hearts was trust and fellowship, and it worked. God’s ways always work.

This post was written by:

 - who has written 31 posts on The Underground.
Alexander "Sandy" Shaw is pastor of Nairn Christian Fellowship in Nairn, Scotland. Nairn is 17 miles east of Inverness - on the Moray Firth Coast - not far from the Loch Ness Monster! Gifted as a Biblical teacher, Sandy is firmly committed to making sure that his teachings are firmly grounded in the Word. Sandy has a weekly radio talk which can be heard via the Internet on Saturday at 11:40 a.m., New Orleans time, at wsho.com. 

KNOWING WHO I AM IN CHRIST

I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).

I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).

I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).

I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).

I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).

I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).

I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17,18).

I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues.  I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me (Mark 16:17,18; Luke 10:17,19).

I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9,10).

I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).

1I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus
(Philippians 4:19).

I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).

I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).

I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).

I am God’s child⎯for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).

I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).

I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I am a spirit being⎯alive to God (Romans 6:11;1 Thessalonians 5:23).

I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (2 Corinthians 4:4).

I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22, 25).

I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).

I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).

I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).

I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3,4).

I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).

I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).

I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

2I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I am not my own (1 Corinthians 6:19).

I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).

I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).

I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).

I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).

I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).

I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).

I am called of God to be the voice of His praise (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).

I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).

I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12;).

I am greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).

I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).

I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).

I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward        
(Philippians 3:14).

For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).

http://www.joycemeyer.org/content/articles/ea/knowing_who_i_am_in_christ/knowingwhoiaminchrist.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment