Thursday 27 December 2012

Are You A God Chaser?

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; 
but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water 
springing up into everlasting life." -John 4:14
Woman at the Well
Are you a God Chaser? As we prepare our hearts and minds to dive into 2013, I find myself wondering how I can jump-start the New Year by immersing myself even deeper into the Lord.

Last month we talked about allowing our spiritual, emotional and physical batteries to run low. I promised that I would follow up this month with help for recharging ourselves through our ultimate Power Source - The Ever Present Spirit of God.

As the New Year quickly approaches, it seems fitting that we look at how we can begin the next year of our lives totally plugged-in to God, and going even deeper in Him than we ever have before.
So, here we go...

"I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah."(Psalm 134:6)

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;" (Psalm 63:1) 

"As the hart (deer) pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God.My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God?" (Psalm 42:1-2 AMP)

Can you relate to the hunger and passion overflowing from the Psalmist's heart in these personal letters to the Lord? I know that I can. And, during the seasons of my life when I've felt myself getting luke warm, meditating on these powerful passages has always helped me to rekindle my own personal passion for God.

Jesus gives us this promise, "...whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. " (John 4:14)

But, what many Christians don't realize is that, like with any well, it sometimes takes a little extra pumping to get the water flowing. We have to stir up the gift! "That is why I would remind you to stir up (rekindle the embers of, fan the flame of, and keep burning) the [gracious] gift of God, [the inner fire] that is in you..." (2Tim 1:6 AMP)

But, how do we do that?

Each of us has gone through seasons of our walk with God where we were totally on fire! But, if we are all honest, there are other seasons when we find ourselves constantly longing for something more. How do we fan the flame within and experience a fresh outpouring of God's presence in our daily lives?

I don't know about you, but I refuse to enter into 2013 at a spiritual stand still! I want to go deeper. I CHOOSE to go deeper.


But, how do I remove life's distractions so that I can focus in on God and hear His voice? How do I quiet down my mind and my flesh. How do I offer up myself to Him as a living sacrifice?

Through a dedicated time of fasting and prayer.

Many Christians have made it a tradition to begin each New Year with a time of prayer and fasting. Well, if you know me, you know that I'm not big on religious traditions . Why? They can often cause us to start doing things out of habit rather than out of heart. But, I still believe in the immense power of beginning each year by rededicating our lives to God, and surrendering to Him through fasting and prayer.

Why start 2013 Off with a Fast?
You'll Begin this New Year...
  • Refocusing your life around Christ and deepening the intimacy that you share with Him.  
  • Learning to tune in and hear God's direction for your life.
  • Opening Yourself up to God's physical, emotional and spiritual healing power. 
  • Receiving the refreshing that we all need and crave.
If you sense in your heart that God is calling you to begin this coming year with fasting and prayer, I want to invite you to join me. From now until the end of January, I'll be giving away a free online Bible study course to anyone who registers for The Hem's Beyond The Veil In-Home Fasting Retreat. Plus, you'll also be able to listen in on ALL of our audio Bible classes, allowing you to totally wash yourself in God's Word throughout your fast, and beyond. This gives you online access to about $75 worth of teaching for only $16.67.

It may seem crazy, but I'm offering this Seeker's Special because I truly believe in the power of fasting. I feel in my heart that, for many of us, the breakthrough that we've been seeking from God will be released when we diligently seek His face through prayer, fasting and washing ourselves in His Word.

Your Seeker's Special fasting program includes:

 Your In-Home Fasting Retreat Workbook
Your Guided Prayer Journal &The Daniel Fast Simplified


+
ALL of The Hem's Audio Bible Classes-Over 8 Hours of Spirit-Filled Teaching:

How to Walk and Live in the Spirit

Through the Eyes of God

How to Start Controlling Your Thoughts

How To Develop Intimacy with God

How to Hear God's Voice for Yourself

Prayer + Faith = Power!

Living Holy in an Unholy World

Living Holy in an Unholy World Part 2

+

Your choice of ANY Hem of His Garment Online Bible Study Course:
Hearing God's Voice
How to Hear the Voice of God in Your Daily Life

Who's Controlling YOUR Thoughts?
Keys To Renewing Your Mind and Emotions

Releasing Past Hurts
Inner Healing Through Christian Forgiveness 

Naked, Unashamed & Unafraid
Developing True Intimacy with God

The Spirit Controlled Life: 
Bearing the Fruits of the Holy Spirit

Start 2013 Reaching Out to God,
Start Here To Join Me for 21 Days of Fasting and Prayer


*Over $75 of teaching for only $16.67. This Seeker's Special is only available until January 31st.
Ameerah
God Bless!
Ameerah Lewis
Hem of His Garment Bible Studies Online
Helping YOU Connect To God Through His Word
http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org

Join Ameerah Online!
http://university.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org

The Hem Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment