Wednesday 22 February 2012

Is Sleep The New Sex?

POSTED BY DANA ROUSMANIERE 

Are you getting any? Sleep, that is.Sleep 225x300 Is Sleep the New Sex?
Not me. Last night, I worked late, then stayed up to pack lunches, unload the dishwasher, throw in a load of laundry, and fill out some school paperwork. I looked at the stack of bills waiting to be paid, but decided to pack it in for the night, because I was already looking at sub-six hours of shuteye. Then, in the middle of the night, my son needed me. Then, my daughter had a nightmare. And I played musical beds.
Newsflash: Moms aren’t getting enough sleep. And 67% of moms say that they would rather sleep than have sex.
According to a new survey conducted by the website Hybrid Mom:
“Moms don’t sleep. Not during pregnancy. Not after the kids are born. Not after they’re in school. And especially not after they start driving. In fact, a totally unscientific poll of mothers recently revealed that no mom sleeps until her kids are grown and out of the house. Part of the reason is that we’re good parents. We try to give our kids a clean home, clean clothes, and a modicum of attention. But let’s face it, sleep is the new sex, we all want more, and none of us are getting enough.”
According to Hybrid Mom: “24 percent of married women have given up sex, whether it’s because we’re so exhausted we prefer sleep or because we’re so irritated at our partner is anybody’s guess.”
For the record, this does not apply to my own partner, but I know plenty of women who say they do feel this way. So, what is it, moms? Too exhausted? Are you “touched out?” Irritated with your partner? Just plain over it? All of the above?
What’s the real reason why so many moms are saying no to sex and yes to sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment