Wednesday 27 March 2013

Give thanks for all things...

By Fred Gillett, Crystal Cathedral Pastor

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good; for His mercy is forever." -1 Chronicles 16:34

It takes a lot of self-control to let thankfulness be the cornerstone of all my thoughts. I often don't center my thoughts in thankfulness. Being thankful for all things helps me keep in touch with my God.

It is hard to be thankful when you're sick or you are standing next to a bed where there is pain and suffering. You think, "I know God hates to hear me grumble. I shouldn't dare to question his sovereignty and wisdom."


Indeed, thankfulness should be in every word I speak as it helps protect me from thoughts outside of God's desire for me. A grateful attitude is what the Lord deserves; it should be my focus. Gratitude lights my path and enables me to see his Light shining on all my concerns.

Prayer: Father, help me develop an attitude of thankfulness, help me develop a thankful heart, for I know that pleases You. I know You love me and want the best for me. I thank you for this week in the celebrations and remembrances of those days when you loved us so much you gave your only flesh and blood so that we would be cleansed of our sins and know you on a personal level. I thank you in the name of Jesus. Amen. 

Devotion: What are you grateful for today?


A Positive Minute from the Hour of Power

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=jyayqifab&v=001JO9rJ3gjxX5z7BRdvRt2yY64t-

No comments:

Post a Comment