Tuesday 28 May 2013

Can We Really Know God's Will?

The Hem  Devotional -  

Controlling Your Emotions

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."
(Romans 12:2 NIV). 

Praise the Lord !

As you can probably imagine, I get dozens of emails each week from Christians from across the globe. I've noticed that most of these messages have a certain theme- What is God's will for my life?

People don't come out and say that of course. They ask questions like:

What can I do to save my marriage?
How do I bring my children back to Christ? 
Why hasn't God given me a new job yet?

But, what they really want to know is, "What is God's will for me in this situation? What does He really want me to do?"


Now, many would ask the question, is it really possible for anyone to know the will of God? Aren't His thoughts higher than our thoughts?

Jesus tells us as His disciples, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:15 NIV)

Are God's thoughts higher than ours? Of course! But, that does not mean that we can't know His thoughts...just that we may not always understand them once we know them (-:

Romans 12:2 tells us, "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." (NLT)

As children of God, we can learn to know God's will for us. How? By renewing our minds.

There are certain changes in my life that have only come from me actively renewing my mind in certain areas.

If we do not take renewing our minds seriously, our life as a whole will never be truly TRANSFORMED; not the way that Jesus died for it to be. 

Well, that sounds all well and good Sister Ameerah...but how do I do that? How do I renew my mind?

Think of renewing your mind like getting a good brain washing (-:  You are actively and purposefully replacing your natural mind with the mind of Christ.

But, where can we find the mind of Christ? Since Christ is the Word made flesh, His mind is revealed to us throughout the Word of God.

But, how do you get God's Word out of the book, past your head, and into your heart?

That's the real challenge, right?

Many of us have tons of scriptures memorized, but our head knowledge does not match our reality. We find ourselves living lives right below where God's Word promises we have the power to live.

And  we're constantly asking the question "Why?"

Why does God's Word say that I should have joy and peace, but I'm battling depression and anxiety. 

Why does God's Word say that I should have healing and divine health, but there is still sickness in my body? 

Why does God promise that I can have prosperity, but I still can't pay my bills?  

Why God?  Why? 

It may be because, as a man thinks in his heart (NOT his head), so is he  (Proverbs 23:7).

The obstacle stopping many Christians from receiving the promises of God is NOT the devil - It's their own un-renewed mind.

Until we truly renew our minds to be perfectly in line with the mind of Christ, not only do we miss out on knowing God's will for our daily lives, but we leave the enemy open doors to steal, kill and destroy us.

One of the best methods that I've found to get the Word of God from your head to your heart is to meditate on it. Not meditation the way that the world does it, but true meditation as described in the Word of God.

Meditation is such a powerful tool for us as seekers of God, that I don't want to rush over it in an email. So, that's going to be the focus of this month's free Bible class: Weaponizing the Word of God through Biblical Meditation

I'll be sending it to you later on this month, so keep an eye out for it in your email in box.

I look forward to sharing with you more on how I've personally used Biblical Meditation to renew my mind and draw even closer to the throne of God.

Talk with you more then!

end of devotional

I was listening to a very wise man of God teach not that long ago, and he said something that struck me. He said, the most important thing that you can say to an unsaved person is, "Accept Christ!" But, the most important thing that you can say to a saved person is, "Renew Your Mind!"

I had never stopped to think about that before.

When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, our spirit man is made new...but we still have that same un-renewed mind that we had before we accepted Him!

The new spirit is God's responsibility - But the new mind is ours. We must actively pursue receiving the mind of Christ. It is not something that happens instantly at the alter.

If you feel in your heart that God is calling you to renew your mind, I want to invite you to join me for a powerful class called, "Who's Controlling Your Thoughts?" It an in depth video class where we discuss what it really means to renew your mind, and how you do it, step by step.

cross Who's Controlling YOUR Thoughts?  
Keys To Renewing Your Mind and Emotions 
 Online Bible Class
 Develop Intimacy With God - Learn to Control Your Thoughts
Do you try to fight off feelings of fearunworthiness,depression, or anxiety, but seem to always be on the loosing end of the battle? 




Find out how to defend your mind against the attacks of the enemy, and how a simple 4 step Action Plan can free you from the bondage of mental strongholds.

The Hem eDevotional logo

No comments:

Post a Comment