Thursday 10 May 2012

Sex bomb to sex gone: My wife has lost her sex drive and it's driving me mad

I’m even wondering if there are drugs I could take to dampen my sex drive!

Getty


Dear Coleen,
I’m a happily married 42-year-old man and my wife is a very young 51. We’ve been together for 20 great years. We have four kids and are both fitness freaks.
Until recently we had a great sex life, but six months ago it stopped and my wife isn’t interested any more.
She hasn’t been through the menopause and I’m 99% sure she isn’t being unfaithful.
I love her and don’t want to be unfaithful, but I’m starting to get really frustrated, sexually.
I’m even wondering if there are drugs I could take to dampen my sex drive!

Coleen says..
Even if your wife hasn’t yet been through the menopause, her hormones will be changing and it’s common for libido to dwindle. The average age for a woman to reach menopause is 52.
Because she’s fit, still feels great and hasn’t experienced any dramatic physical changes, she may not have stopped to actually realise her sex life is going off the boil.
You’re still young and shouldn’t be thinking about suppressing your sex drive. Talk to your wife – not in a confrontational way, but ask her what’s changed and explain you feel frustrated. Discuss what to do about it.
I think until you’ve talked to her about it, you’ll continue to imagine all kinds of scenarios about why she’s not interested in sex.
Hopefully, it’ll put your mind at rest that you’re not the problem and you can start to work out what to do.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/sex-relationships/my-wife-has-lost-her-sex-drive-and-its-778496

No comments:

Post a Comment