Friday 23 March 2012

But God Knows the Way

"Behold, I go forward, but He is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive Him: On the left hand, where He doth work, but I cannot behold Him: He hideth Himself on the right hand, that I cannot see Him. But He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:8-10).

We are finite. God is infinite. We do not know what a day will bring forth. He knows the end from the beginning. There are times when, like Job, we seek earnestly to know the way wherein we should walk, and the thing that we should do, only to discover "that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23).

But God knows the way that the child of God takes. It may be dark, but nothing is hidden to Him. It may be difficult, but He is never dismayed. It may be long, but He never grows weary. It may be lonely, but there is always the loveliness of His presence. But God knows, so we walk onward by faith in life's pathway with the assurance that it leads to glory, and the city of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment