Sunday 28 July 2013

Empowered by Love

Pressures from work can weigh on your soul in the middle of the night like a wet blanket. Has your work become dreary? Is it taking you twice as long to do things than it used to? Has the striving to get somewhere become too much?

One dark, stormy night, the twelve apostles were together in the same boat. There they were, out on the sea of Galilee trying to get to Capernaum, but Jesus was not with them. They were left to struggle with the storms of nature on their own, and quite frankly, they were not getting very far.

Suddenly an amazing thing happened: "...they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid. But He said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." Then they willingly received Him into the boat... and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going" (John 6:19-21, NKJV).
When Jesus, the God of love, joined the endeavor, they immediately got to their destination! This story gives us a major insight as to what love can do for any project. When love is involved, time flies; work is accomplished with grace and ease. Pray for love of your work! Pray for Jesus, the power of Love Himself, to get into your "boat" and lead you through. Our Evening Prayer - Let's Pray Together…
God loves you and wants to answer your prayer. Say this prayer with me:

Heavenly Father, how I long to be anointed and empowered by Your love in all that I do! Forgive me for viewing the work assignment You have given me as a drudgery and grind. I turn my heart around and do this work as an act of love to You. Join me in my daily chores. Deliver me from all fear of giving of myself in what I do. Let the ease and grace with which I accomplish things be a great witness to others. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


image


No comments:

Post a Comment