Wednesday 24 July 2013

Gift of Counsel

I remembered one of my children coming home from school one day, very upset, complaining about a particular teacher. "What does he know, anyway?" was their initial reaction.

Over the years, I have often thought about that question when I'm in some disagreement with the various people God has placed in my life for my own personal counsel and guidance. "What do they know anyway?" I am tempted to think.

Perhaps you have thought this way about a boss, or your spouse, or perhaps even your pastor? In those particular moments, the Holy Spirit has taught me to prayerfully meditate on the counsel of others, instead of immediately rejecting it. Proverbs 19:20, NKJV tells us to "Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days."Remember that in order to grow and become more mature we may need to see things from a different perspective than our own. Counsel from others is the divine process God has created so that you "may be wise" in every difficult matter you face.

Tonight as you cuddle up with your pillow, rest in comfort knowing you understand God's secret key to His wisdom. Our Evening Prayer - Let's Pray Together…

God loves you and wants to answer your prayer. Say this prayer with me:

Heavenly Father, I thank You for giving me many who act as my own, personal counsel, and I thank You for Your Holy Spirit - Who helps me know what guidance is godly and proper. Lord, I do desire to be wise, and ask that You help me learn to accept wise counsel from others as a gift from You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



image







No comments:

Post a Comment