Tuesday 16 July 2013

Faith is an Act

How easily Satan can trick us into getting things backwards, making us cry out at God in frustration, "What's wrong? Why isn't anything happening?" All the while the problem is in us.
One good example involves the power of God being released through you. Tonight, are you totally baffled as to why this isn't happening? More than one partner has said, "I don't understand why God isn't using me. I have the faith to work His works, but not the power."
There can be a number of reasons, but one of them could be that you've gotten God's order backwards. Brother Cerullo has often said, "Faith is a fact, but faith is an act." It is after you express your faith in a step of action that the power flows - not before. Many of you are waiting for the power to come first, before you step out, but it will never come. It is action that releases the power, not sitting home thinking about your faith.
As the book of James emphasizes, just saying, "Goodbye. Keep warm. I have faith that God will feed and heal you." does nothing. But when you act on your faith, miracles happen! Then, "...God who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of - infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes"(Ephesians 3:20, AMP).
Tonight, take a new look at the whole issue of faith and become emboldened. Start acting on the faith you have, and step by step, the power will flow.
Our Evening Prayer - Let's Pray Together…
God loves you and wants to answer your prayer. Say this prayer with me:

Heavenly Father, I praise You for the power with which You desire to work in and through me. Forgive me for not acting in faith so that it might be released. Show me the hungry, lonely, sick or depressed and direct my paths as I move out in faith to minister to them. I ask You to release Your power in my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


image

No comments:

Post a Comment