Thursday 10 January 2013

The Year of the Lord’s Favor

Written by Barbara
“Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people, come to my aid when you save them, that I may enjoy the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may share in the joy of your nation and join your inheritance in giving praise.” (Psalm 106: 4-5)

Jesus said in Luke 4:18-19, “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” If you are a believer in the Lord, you have the right to be free from oppression. You have the right to be free from whatever holds you captive. You have the right to see, that which is unseen with eyes of faith. God does not want His children to remain captive to the things of this world. He sent Jesus to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.

According to God’s word, we are to live by faith and not by sight. If we elect to live by sight, we forfeit many of God’s favorable times in our lives. It is through our faith in God that He takes pleasure in granting us favor and blessings.

When you think and speak negatively about your present hardships, you will continue to manifest a poor return from your worries and frustration. However, when you concentrate on God’s faithfulness, speaking positively over your situation, God will bring forth a good return on behalf of your faith in Him. Begin to claim that this is the year of the Lord’s favor over your health, family and marriage, finances, ministry endeavors, or a new job opportunity. As you believe and start thanking God ahead of time, He begins to unleash favor into your life.


God is gracious and desires to bestow you with His favor. The only thing He asks is that you seek, obey, and trust Him. Each passing day, profess, claim, and expect God’s goodness and favor to blossom in your life. Do what He asks, and then watch things begin to move in your favor! Do not allow this year to pass by without allowing God the privilege to do the seemingly impossible in your life. Today, choose to trust God more and believe this is the year of the Lord’s favor! He seeks to bless you so you can be a blessing to others!

Father God, I profess that this is going to be a marvelous year of Your favor in my life. Remember me O Lord when You show favor to Your people so I too may enjoy prosperity as Your chosen one. Through faith, I believe You will move on my behalf and my loved ones too. With all my heart and mind, I seek to keep my focus on You. I shall diligently walk by faith and not by sight as Your Spirit leads me. I already see a vision of You granting me favor as I abide in Your truths and in Your righteous ways of living. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen


Questions: What are the desires of your heart for this New Year? Do you believe that God wants to impart favor into your life? In what ways has God already shown favor in your life?

Learn more about God’s favor with this study in Esther.



Barbara Alpert

Barbara Alpert resides on the West Coast of Florida. She is married and has two adult daughters and one grandson. Barbara enjoys writing and is a published author. She is currently working on two additional books with a goal in aiding hurting women. She is an active member at her church and is a leader of a women's small group within her home called, "Sister in Christ". She enjoys sharing God's word with others and building them up in their faith in Him through fellowship and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment