Tuesday 2 July 2013

I’m so Impatient, Lord


Daily devotionalBut when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us:  love, joy, peace, patience . . .” Galatians 5:22

Lately, I have noticed how impatient I am.  The other day, I was driving home—it was rush hour traffic and I planned to drive the back roads so I would miss the traffic, but there were police cars blocking them, so I had to drive the Highway, knowing full well that when I got to the intersection, I would have to wait for several light changes before I could make the left turn.  One light change, two light changes then three light changes and I was feeling very inpatient.  Then the thought came to my mind, “Does it really matter—in light of eternity?”  “Why don’t’ you pray for the people in the truck ahead of you?”

When I began to pray for the people in the truck ahead of me, the time went fast and soon I was able to make the left hand turn and was home in a few minutes.

Lord, when I think about it, I wonder why I was in such a hurry?  I don’t have kids waiting for me at home anymore.  I guess I am still habitually busy like I was when the children were still at home, when we had the farm, when our parents were sick, when we were in full time ministry, etc., etc.  But now my life has slowed down —I have more time to enjoy life —but sometimes I forget, Lord.  Slow me down Lord!  Help me be calm, relax and enjoy my day – my husband, my family, my friends, my neighbors, and the people I meet. I need the Holy Spirit to control my life and produce patience every moment of the day. Amen. 


A Profile on Katherine Kehler


Katherine KehlerAn innovator and entrepreneur, she has launched and developed many successful ministries. Among them are:
  • Women in Leadership, a strategy to help influential women examine the spiritual side of their lives and
  • Women Today, Canada, a strategy to equip and mobilize women to reach out to the world.
As part of her vision to reach and help women around the world, Katherine served as the producer and executive editor of Women Today Magazine, which was read in over 140 countries. In 1995, she began a website version of the magazine.  In only a few years, the website grew to five websites, in English and French. At the time she transferred her ministry responsibilies to other women, over 220,000 women from 155 countries visited these websites every month. More than 11,000 women subscribe to her devotionals.
When Dreams Come True: Her first book, When Dreams Come True: Women Today Online was published in September 2001.  In October of that same year she was included in The Celebration of Women, a book that profiled influential Christian leaders from around the world. Articles about her have been published in several publications such as Faith Today, Maranatha,and Christian Leadership.
Retirement With a Purpose: In 2002, Katherine decided to target another Internet audience – men and women over 50 years of age. In September of that year Retirement With a Purpose was launched. The purpose of this monthly e-zine was to be a resource to both men and women who are seeking for opportunities to have a significant impact during the second half of their lives. In the 33 months she directed this website, the audience grew to over 95,000 visitors from 195 countries each month.
Secrets of Success: Together with a motivated team, Marvin and Katherine directed Secrets of Success TV programs and website for over four years.  Millions of people were exposed to the gospel and thousands committed their lives to Jesus Christ.
Thoughts About God is her most recent website. Together with her staff team they:
-Teach people to walk in the power of God’s Holy Spirit.
-Inspire and teach people to know their God and obey Him.
-Introduce people to God’s Son, Jesus Christ.
Katherine has a history of trusting God for the impossible and working hard.
She was born in born Bassano, Alberta. Now she and her husband Marvin live in British Columbia’s beautiful Fraser Valley. It was during a successful business career that God changed their priorities and they committed themselves to helping fulfill their Lord's Great Commission.
They were leaders within Campus Crusade for Christ, International, for over 36 years. They now help other organizations with similar goals.
They have four grown children, eleven grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
For relaxation, Katherine enjoys walking, reading, golfing and gardening.


No comments:

Post a Comment