Sunday 23 June 2013

"Passiveness... A Dangerous Detour"

Habakkuk 2:3 "Write the vision make it plain on tablets so that they that run may see it. For the vision is for an appointed time."

I can't seem to get this word, "passive" out of my head....I'm sure God has a word for someone reading this devotional. Not only has this been a word for me, but sometimes it helps and is extremely encouraging to have someone say, "Hey God has a word for YOU!" To define the word "Passive" it simply means....lacking in energy or will. I was reading a book a couple of days ago and came across that word.

Immediately I heard in my spirit, "Don't allow passiveness to overtake you in waiting!" A couple of weeks ago I shared a devotional on prayer. Is God really listening to us? What about an unanswered prayer? So if you are waiting on God for something, then this devotional is for you.......

When we are waiting for God to come through for us, the enemy really works on our weariness! Waiting is difficult and while we are waiting there are many detours that we will be tempted to take. Suddenly I thought about being passive and then I realized that, that was one thing that I most definitely did not want to engulf me.
When we lack energy and lose a will to do something, we are headed for a very dangerous place. Have you ever looked into someone's eyes and almost wondered if anyone was home? There was no sparkle, no life!
Passiveness can be a very sneaky culprit resulting in a sluggish mentality and lethargy. If the enemy can get you to "give up; throw in the towel," then he has gotten an upper hand in your battle. So here's the deal...........Even though I am waiting on a particular from the Lord, I refuse to even engage in this stupid idea!!!! I refuse to be passive! So what do we do to prevent this disease from creeping into our spirit? We must get up and move!! We must be busy! You must do whatever you can until God opens the door; brings that vision to pass; until your dream becomes reality......

Through the years, God has been teaching me that the way to stay energized, is to keep my dream in front of me. If is seems to be fading, then revive it! NEVER allow anything to cause you to lose your focus. Don't get side-tracked......Believe me, Satan is riding on diversion, deception and illusion and he is trying to get us to ride with him.......BUT we must draw closer to the Lord......Here's the thing.....You don't have to always "feel" God to know He's there!!! My friend He is always there!!!!

Allow our scripture text to inspire you; to encourage you. Write down your dream; vision. Make it clear and then the scripture says to "wait for it!" So while we are waiting; visit that vision every day! Think about it every day! I like to write my vision on an index card and put it somewhere I know I will look at it every day. So even though I must wait.....I will continue to be busy about God's business even if I'm not where I want to be YET!

Just remember around every corner and around every bend of the road lies danger.....But if you stay close to the Lord He will lead you around every obstacle that seems to find its way onto your path. You'll eventually get there..........Don't get weary.........Don't get worn out....Just wait....But keep moving in the things of God........I know you will make it!!!!
Dear Lord,

To each of us you have given a destiny. You know how difficult waiting can be on us, yet you never leave us........through it all we are learning to trust you more knowing that everything is in your time. Lord I know you led me to do this devotional this week. I know in my spirit that someone is in danger of passiveness. Lord let them be encouraged right now and let them take authority over that spirit of becoming passive. Strengthen them and allow them to regain the energy that is needed to put the devil under their feet!! I speak total victory over my brothers and sisters EVEN NOW!
In Jesus Awesome Name,
Amen.

Dr. Shelia Isom
Experiencing Revival Devotional


Dr. Shelia Isom Biography
Dr. Shelia Isom is a licensed and ordained Revivalist. She is a comical, dynamic speaker, with a preaching style that has been defined as bold, fresh and exhilarating. Her ambition is to bring unity to diverse races and denominations in the body of Christ.

Dr. Isom delivers her messages with passion and strives to impart a desire for revival to those she ministers to. Her gifting as a Revivalist is expressed by the anointing that she carries, to usher in recovery to the church body.  Dr. Isom strives for high integrity, character and excellence. She believes that authenticity is the true design of a life consecrated to Christ.  She believes that prayer is the foundation that builds a ministry of power, anointing and authority, and is the result of needs being met. Dr. Isom carefully evaluates each invitation, and seeks to go wherever a difference can be made. It's more than just an invitation, but it is an assignment where people's needs and desire for revival are priority.
 
Before establishing her own ministry, Dr. Isom served in various leadership roles in her local church, working under the direction of her senior pastor for 25 years. She served as praise and worship leader for 12 years and later followed the call to youth pastor, which she served for 5 years.  She has been intricately involved with church leadership and the operation of ministry throughout her years in the church.
 
She leaves behind a career as a registered nurse in emergency nursing and nursing instructing. Dr. Isom earned a Bachelor and Masters Degree from, Christian Life School of Theology. She earned a Doctorate of Ministry from Moriah Institute of Christian Studies, Fayetteville, NC, where she presently serves as an instructor. Dr. Isom has authored 2 books and released a music CD in 2003. She was a programmer for 5 years with The Sky Angel Network. Her program, Experiencing Revival, was seen twice weekly and reached an estimated 12 million homes. Her ministry travels have taken her nationally and internationally. 

Presently, Shelia Isom Ministries presents, Experiencing Revival Crusades in various locations. For more information on the next up-coming crusade, go to events page.
 
Dr. Isom is married to Garry Steven Isom and they reside in Danville, VA.

  High Voltage

LightSource@crosswalkmail

No comments:

Post a Comment