Wednesday 12 June 2013

UNFAILING LOVE

Have you become totally impatient with yourself? I have heard even the strongest Christians cry in utter frustration, "What's wrong? I'm supposed to be a 'new creation' in Christ, but nothing seems to be changing. It's the same old me!"

"Lord, before I leave this World Conference I just want to know one thing: Can I get a divorce?"

This is what one of our partners prayed as she stood in Brother Cerullo's anointing line several years ago. Within half an hour three identical prophecies were given to her. "The Lord says to tell you that love never fails and faith never fails. You will receive a double anointing of them both." When she got to Brother Cerullo, God instructed him to anoint her twice!Nearly all her friends had favored a divorce, feeling the marriage was just too difficult, and that love couldn't possibly survive with so many hardships. Yet what does God say about what His love really is? He says, "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails" (1 Corinthians 13:4-5, 7-8, NKJV).

Tonight, I know many of you face agonizing decisions concerning separation or divorce; whether to leave or stay. My counsel to you is to read and re-read the definition of God's love in 1 Corinthians 13; the kind of love He wants to doubly anoint and empower you with now. The partner whose testimony I've shared did, and she saw the victory!

Our Evening Prayer - Let's Pray Together...

God loves you and wants to answer your prayer. Say this prayer with me:

Heavenly Father, thank you for being the God of hopeless cases. Nothing is too difficult for You. Help me to die to my own definition of love and receive Your love which suffers long, thinks no evil, bears, believes, hopes, and endures all things. I ask for a double anointing of Your Spirit of faith and love to empower me and see me through. May Your love in me never fail! In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment