Thursday 20 June 2013

Well of Life

Are you coming to bed feeling totally drained of every ounce of energy? If so, do you know what has caused it?
Sometimes, surprisingly, nervous exhaustion is created not so much by the events of the day, but by the words of our mouths. According to God, idle talk is a tremendous energy-drainer. Conserving your words and speaking only good is a well of life. God says, "He who guards his mouth keeps his life, but he who opens wide his lips will come to ruin...The mouth of an (uncompromisingly) righteous man is a well of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence" (Proverbs 13:3, 10:11, AMP).
Review your day and do a quick inventory of your words. Were many of them negative, sarcastic, unforgiving or bitter? Or did you use your words to build up, encourage, appreciate or bless someone?
As you rest and anticipate your day tomorrow, ask the Holy Spirit to make you more aware of the fruit of your mouth. As He empowers more and more of your words, the "dividends" of increased energy will be great.

Our Evening Prayer - Let's Pray Together…
God loves you and wants to answer your prayer. Say this prayer with me:

Heavenly Father, help me to be more sensitive to my words, guard my mouth, and thus keep the precious Life which You have given me. I thank You for that well of life and look forward to partaking of more of that Life now. Grant me words to edify, encourage and heal others. Let Your words be my words, and may Your Spirit of self-control work diligently within me. I praise You. In Jesus' Name!

image
logo

No comments:

Post a Comment