Sunday 2 June 2013

Walk into Your Miracle Today!

Written by Sheila Schuller Coleman

"....just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life." -Romans 6:4

Jesus asks you today, "Do you want to be healed? Do you want a miracle?"

Why would anyone not say "Yes!" to their miracle?

Well, you might be held back from saying yes to your miracle because it would mean that you would have to let go. For example, a woman recently came to see me. She was living under an irrational fear that she was going to be stricken with cancer. First, she thought she had breast cancer. But the doctor had told her there was nothing wrong with her. Then, she thought a suspicious mole was skin cancer. Again, the doctor examined her and told her that she did not have cancer. This went on as she feared cancer in various parts of her body. And every time she called me to share the good news that her fears were unfounded, I thought I detected a note of disappoint in her voice. I thought, "Does she want to be diagnosed with cancer?"


Eventually I asked her a tough question: "What false benefit would you derive from getting cancer?"

She looked appalled and then her eyes filled with tears. "My husband has been having an affair. I guess I was thinking that if I got cancer, it might make him feel guilty and it would be a way for me to get back at him."

"But it wouldn't, would it?"

"No."

She was hurting herself trying to hurt the one who had hurt her. And once she realized that, she began to get well - she was healed! Not from cancer - because she didn't have cancer - but from the bitterness that was hurting her emotionally and probably would have hurt her physically eventually.

You might have to let go of a way of life. You might have to let go of bitterness. You might have to let go negative attention-seeking, even manipulative behavior!

Let go and say "Yes!" to healing and to your miracle!

      *                *                  * 
  
PRAYER:
Lord, thank You for revealing to me today that there is something in my life that has held me back from the abundant life that You desire for me. Today, I submit it to You! I ask You to deliver me from it. Thank You! Amen.

      *                *                  *   
    
Is there something negative in your life - some false benefit - that is holding you back from walking into your miracle?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment