Sunday 2 June 2013

Trust His Heart

Written by Donna Mitchell


devo-interact-icon-42x421Take today’s next step: Share today’s devo on Facebook and Twitter.
“At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head.  Then he fell to the ground in worship and said:  ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart.  The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.’  In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.” (Job 1:20-22)
A few years ago, I attended the funeral of a young woman.  During the service, they showed a video of her singing a Babbie Mason song called, “Trust His Heart.” The song expressed these words:
God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind

So when you don’t understand
When you don’t see His plan
When you can’t trace His hand
Trust His heart
The song evoked tears from everyone at the service.
The Lord’s character is good.  He is love.  His plans and purposes work together for good. Romans 8:28 reiterates His promise:  “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
Job could not understand the reality and calamity of his circumstance.  Job’s reaction to losing everything surprised me.  In the midst of his circumstance, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.
I don’t know your current circumstances, but the LORD does.  I pray you will be able to sing the words to the song with all of your heart.  Like Job, may you be able to fall to the ground humbly in worship – completely trusting God’s motive and heart.  May we, like Job, not sin against the LORD by charging Him with wrongdoing.
Father, I surrender my heart to You again today.  Thank You that I can trust Your heart even when I don’t understand my circumstances.  I choose this day to give you my heart and my praise.  With Job I say, blessed be the name of the LORD.  Amen!
Question: What are some practical things you can do today to keep from charging God with wrongdoing when awful things happen?

Donna Mitchell

Donna Mitchell is passionate about calling women to follow Jesus and empowering them to take steps of faith to share His love. Upon graduating from Seminary, Donna served as Pastor of Women’s Ministries for 11 years and is now the Director of Connecting Streams Women’s Ministry, a ministry of Power to Change, Canada. She lives in Alberta, Canada with her husband Allan and has three grown step-sons. Check outwww.connectingstreams.com


No comments:

Post a Comment