Friday 28 June 2013

Share His Nature

What do the promises of God mean to you?
I have become concerned over this much misunderstood topic. For when God's purpose in giving us these promises is misinterpreted, His Word becomes misused, underused, or not used at all. Then many of you lie awake wondering why His promises have failed!
Once you understand the underlying reason that God longs for you to lay hold of His promises, you will never neglect them again. Neither will you use them with the wrong motive. The Apostle Peter explains to us, "...He has bestowed on us His precious and exceedingly great promises, so that through them you may escape (by flight) from the moral decay...that is in the world because of covetousness...and become sharers (partakers) of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4, AMP).
How incredible! Peter is telling us that every time you partake in one of God's promises, you partake of Him. When you lay hold of His promise for healing, you lay hold of Him as your Healer. Every time you share in what He has for you, you become more like Him.

What is your greatest need tonight? Who can He be to you through fulfilling that need? What part of His nature can you share?
Our Evening Prayer - Let's Pray Together…
God loves you and wants to answer your prayer. Say this prayer with me:

Heavenly Father, I praise You for making provision not only to meet my every need, but to allow me to share in who You are and to know every aspect of Your nature through what You give. How I thank You for this! Never again will I neglect Your promises, or misuse them through selfish motivation. I want to receive all You have for me - the best part of which is the giving and sharing of Yourself! In Jesus' Name, Amen.


image


logo

No comments:

Post a Comment